Community, Conservation & Culture
Help us conserve the Masai Mara. You can contribute by following these simple steps.
- Take time to get to know the customs of the Masai Mara. Always consult your guide before taking photographs of individuals and people’s homes.
- Minimise your environmental impact: Keep your waste in the vehicle until you can dispose of it at our lodge. We make sure that our litter is separated and collected.
- Abstain from asking our drivers and spotters to get closer to the animals. Getting too close to wildlife amounts to harassment and can be dangerous. Remember, when in the wild, animals have right of way.
- Bones, skins, horns, teeth, hair, feathers, eggs or shells – all have their part in the delicate eco-system of the Masai Mara. Leave them where they belong to, only take photographs.
- Never feed animals since a fragile and precious balance can be destroyed, leading to unnecessary dependence on man’s handouts.
- Support our conservation system by paying your park/conservation entry or viewing fees.
- Take a look beyond the “Big Five” and discover the vast diversity the Masai Mara has to offer.
- Slow down to enjoy the differences – you will be back with the familiar soon enough.